Today I’m making my favorite pork recipe, which I call Porkapalooza:
1) Boil up a delicious brine (see below)
2) Add a platter of yummy pork chops to brine.
3) Ignore for four hours
4) Grill pork chops, brushing with olive oil as they finish.
5) Boil brats in the leftover brine, then grill just to brown and crisp.
6) Try to avoid developing Gout.
1 bottle dark beer of your choice (Honey Brown is delightful)
6-8 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tbs molasses
Red Pepper Flakes to taste
3/4 cup kosher salt
Heat all the above, stirring, until just begins to boil.
Take off heat.
Stir in ice until liquid is room-temperature-ish.