I made my Thai Peanut soup again, this time with a leftover pork chop and some fresh peppers from our garden. SO CRAZY DELICIOUS and just perfect for a cool Fall day.
* Saute 1/2 a roughly-chopped medium onion in peanut oil for 3-4 minutes on medium heat (plus salt & pepper to taste, optional).
* Add small-diced pork (plus 1 tsp lard, optional).
* Add 2 tsp of red curry paste, stirring to cook for 4-5 minutes.
* Add 2-3 minced cloves of garlic (and 1 small finely diced serrano pepper, and fish sauce and soy sauce to taste, all optional), then stir for one minute, scraping the bottom to free any browned bits (very important… super flavor!)
* Add 1 bag of frozen peas&carrot (thawed in microwave), 1-2 cups of diced red & orange bell peppers, plus a handful of peanuts. Saute for 5 minutes until they all start to soften.
* Add 1/2 cup (two big scoops of a small spoon) of creamy peanut butter. Stir to melt and combine.
* Increase heat to high. Pour in a quart of Chicken stock, then refill the stock container halfway again with water and pour that in and stir thoroughly.
* Bring soup almost to a boil, then remove from heat.
* Add 1/2 can of coconut milk (some cream and some oil). Stir… and enjoy.
I hope you love this as much as I do. Please comment if you try this recipe. I would LOVE to hear how it worked for you.