I freely admit — I buy frozen pot-stickers just as an excuse to make this sauce. I could swim in this stuff. I’m naming it after myself because clearly I am a Master Chef and no one has EVER combined these ingredients like this in the history of cooking.
Very Vocal Viking’s Potsticker Dipping Sauce
1/2 c soy sauce
1/4 c rice wine vinegar
1/4 c rice wine
2 crushed clove garlic
1 tsp fresh ginger, finely diced (or 1/4 tsp of ginger powder)
1 green onion, finely chopped
Chili oil or Red Pepper Flake (to taste)
1) Add all ingredients in a bowl.
2) Heat briefly in microwave (30 seconds at most.)
3) Stir to blend all the flavors.
4) Try to not drink it immediately, i.e. save some for the potstickers.
5) Dip potstickers into sauce and enjoy.
6) Eat as many as you can before the kids figure out you have them